Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18 years of litigation experience.
18321761

For child support contempt of court: We are stating reasons

Customer Question

For child support contempt of court: We are stating reasons for nonpayment to be that 1. his full-time employment was reduced to part-time hours at no fault of his own (his employer is willing to write a statement) because business slowed. 2. He also had to get surgery due to his line of work, which put him out of work for a couple of months. 3.Because he couldn't return to his job due to the continual physical issues it would cause he decided to work as independent contractor and go into business for himself. Work has been slowly building, but he believes by doing this work he can eventually make a better life for his kids.Should we be looking for more reasons or should this information be sufficient on the response? Am I missing any reasons that people have used successfully? His child support payments are currently over 50% of his monthly income. He can't pay even though he wants to have a clean slate.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 25 days ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 25 days ago.

You should be looking for whatever you could find that could convince the court that it would be unjust and unreasonable for him to be expected to pay child support at his current level.

You don't have to fish for silly reasons, and I'm not suggesting that. But if you have other strong reasns, then add them as well.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 25 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.