Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a question about the wording in the prenuptial

Customer Question

I have a question about the wording in the prenuptial agreement that I have with my husband. Can you interpret the wording and is there a fee?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Ok. So, how much is "the rest"?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 29 days ago.

If the wording of the prenup is short, then the "rest" is $36 ($5+$31) -- which is the amount that you offered to pay when you posted your question.

If the wording is lengthy, or multipart, then I would have to send you a premium services offer, so that we can take the matter offline into a confidential attorney-client relationship(customary legal services fees would apply).

That said, if you show me the wording, I’ll be happy to try to interpret it for you.

Thanks for using Justanswer!

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Ok. Never mind. I just made an appointment to meet with an attorney so I'll just get the info I need from him. Thanks anyway.

Of course. Thanks again for using Justanswer!