Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  28 Years Experience in Family Law
68197583

My wife of 8 years has served divorce papers to me after I

Customer Question

My wife of 8 years has served divorce papers to me after I caught her having an admitted affair. She is requesting the production of documents, but my soon to be ex wife has taken most of my documents as I had trusted her to manage our family documents. She is also requesting information from my corporation, but she was never incorporated with my companies. In California, she cannot touch the corporations if she had an affair on her own will.I am now requesting advice to the following concerns & questions:a. How can I easily obtain a copy of my first court case minutes with her? The admittance of her affair is there, so I need a copy for my own records.
b. Currently, we have a DCFS case going on for our 2 daughters (4 & 5). She has been proven abusive in children's court. From my knowledge, she cannot go through with a divorce during a DCFS case. How can I properly communicate that with her legally? I believe she is just attempting to hurt me.
c. I'd like to possibly have someone prepare or assist in preparing, by advice, a letter to her attorney stating the infidelity with proof from court minutes. I am under the impression that her attorney is not aware of the truth of the separation. She is requesting a large volume of documents that she is not entitled to due to her having a proven affair in the courts of California.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 month ago.

You should be able to obtain the transcripts from the court clerk. Have you tried contacting the clerk?

Currently, we have a DCFS case going on for our 2 daughters (4 & 5). She has been proven abusive in children's court. From my knowledge, she cannot go through with a divorce during a DCFS case. How can I properly communicate that with her legally? I believe she is just attempting to hurt me The contact should be through an Attorney.

We don't prepare documents for customers as we would need to enter into an Attorney Client relationship with you which is prohibited through the terms of service of the site.

It would be my pleasure to provide a link for Pro Bono and Legal aid in your area.

Where in California is the divorce filed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Los Angeles
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Northwest Division, van nuys, ca
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 month ago.

This is a link for Attorneys that provide FREE consultations http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/family-law/van-nuys/california

This is a link for Pro Bono and Legal Aid attorneys that can also assist since you have the document requests. https://www.justia.com/lawyers/family-law/california/van-nuys/legal-aid-and-pro-bono-services

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter as it would be my pleasure to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The Attorneys on the site do not receive credit for their time or work if the customer does not rate us positively. There is no additional charge to you for a positive rating and you can still receive a refund. Thank you for your consideration.