Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

I have found out that the girl i raised for almost 40 years

Customer Question

i have found out that the girl i raised for almost 40 years is not mine the real father is known now i have graNdkids with my daughter from another man i dont know what to do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I am sorry to hear that you have received this shocking news...

.

What is your legal question that I can help with?

.

What is it that you want to happen in this situation?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it was shocking its ongoing as we speak but is there recovery from the true biological parents 1 of is my ex we have been divorced since 1992 i raised my kids alone my second is mine im sure but the first is not mine
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

I hate to say it, but any action would have been based on fraud and the statute of limitations for that has long since passed. But even though the child is not your biological offspring, she is still your child, regardless. If you wanted to make the relationship legally formal, you could do an adult adoption if she agreed so that you could forever cement the legal relationship between the two of you.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
okay well thanks u answered the question
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 month ago.

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time, even if the news was kind of lousy..

.

.

All the best to you and yours..