How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9328
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been married for 5 years and we have 2 kids age

Customer Question

Hello. I have been married for 5 years and we have 2 kids age 2years old and 5 years old. I am a stay at home mother for the past year and a half. My husband has committed infidelity in the marriage and continue to do so. I just want to know my options in this situation. Divorce or legal separation because I have no income.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I have filed for legal separation and withdraw the file, because he wanted it to work it out.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: also he filed a DV against me couple months ago, but he haven't went to any of the court hearings. I have my last one on Thursday.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 months ago.

You should just file for divorce and seek spousal and child support.You can file

yourself here if you have too.

To file, the Plaintiff will need:

Form 7 - Complaint for divorce with Children (Word | PDF)

Form 3 - Parenting Proceeding Affidavit (Word | PDF)

Form 1 - Affidavit of Income and Expenses (Word | PDF)

Form 2 - Affidavit of Property (Word | PDF)

Form 4 – Health Insurance Affidavit (Word | PDF)

DR Form 28/Juvi Form 10 – Request for Service (Word | PDF)

When filing, the Plaintiff may need:

Form 5 - Motion and Affidavit or Counter Affidavit for Temporary Orders (Word | PDF)
(not required, but should be filed if party wishes to have order in place during the pendency of the case)

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 months ago.

I don't really see any reason to file for legal separation, divorce would allow you to start over here.You can file yourself if you cannot afford a lawyer.I am so sorry that you are having to deal with all of t his.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 months ago.

I can do unlimited chat on here.Please accept and ask away.I will be here all night.Thanks.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 6 months ago.

I see you requested a new professional. What is your question please?

Related Family Law Questions