LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
63726236

I have been married for 5 years and we have 2 kids age

Customer Question

Hello. I have been married for 5 years and we have 2 kids age 2years old and 5 years old. I am a stay at home mother for the past year and a half. My husband has committed infidelity in the marriage and continue to do so. I just want to know my options in this situation. Divorce or legal separation because I have no income.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I have filed for legal separation and withdraw the file, because he wanted it to work it out.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: also he filed a DV against me couple months ago, but he haven't went to any of the court hearings. I have my last one on Thursday.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You should just file for divorce and seek spousal and child support.You can file

yourself here if you have too.

To file, the Plaintiff will need:

Form 7 - Complaint for divorce with Children (Word | PDF)

Form 3 - Parenting Proceeding Affidavit (Word | PDF)

Form 1 - Affidavit of Income and Expenses (Word | PDF)

Form 2 - Affidavit of Property (Word | PDF)

Form 4 – Health Insurance Affidavit (Word | PDF)

DR Form 28/Juvi Form 10 – Request for Service (Word | PDF)

When filing, the Plaintiff may need:

Form 5 - Motion and Affidavit or Counter Affidavit for Temporary Orders (Word | PDF)
(not required, but should be filed if party wishes to have order in place during the pendency of the case)

https://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/JCS/CFC/DRForms/divorceChildren.asp

I don't really see any reason to file for legal separation, divorce would allow you to start over here.You can file yourself if you cannot afford a lawyer.I am so sorry that you are having to deal with all of t his.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I can do unlimited chat on here.Please accept and ask away.I will be here all night.Thanks.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 6 months ago.

I see you requested a new professional. What is your question please?