Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Okay so I've found myself in a custody battle with my ex

Customer Question

Okay so I've found myself in a custody battle with my ex boyfriend. There's never been any legal custody documents in place but I recently was granted ex parte custody. It was supposed to be temporary for 30 days until his dad filed one after claiming child abuse and negligence from my boyfriend so the court date has been moved to Wednesday. He says he has picture evidence and a doctors examination and written testimonies from people agreeing. It's such a short time away and all I have against him is proof of drug use and the fact that he hasn't been involved and around for years. What can I do? My child suffers from an incurable disease and I've been sole caretaker since birth. I can't lose him, he is my reason for living.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I just received information that he's filed a protective order against my boyfriend. So my. Boyfriend has temporarily moved out. It also states that he's pushing for an assault charge.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have another child in my home and am currently 7 months pregnant both for my boyfriend. So with him not being in the house means he's also not able to spend time with my other son.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

I believe you are telling me the allegations are false. The issue is that you need to be able to invalidate whatever proof he allegedly has of abuse and you need representation prio to Wednesday.

Where in Louisiana will the hearing be held?

Are you able to answer my questions?