How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 18838
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Oregon, while my divorce was going on, I was removed on a

Customer Question

In Oregon, while my divorce was going on, I was removed on a false restraining order that did not hold up. At this point that got dismissed. My X wife has basically squatted, in my house (me being the only one on the loan) she has never paid rent, refuses to move, and is hoping it will foreclose as I have struggled to pay it, being I I have asked her to move, she refuses. She is not on the loan, and she does not plan to move. Lawyers did basically nothing, and its just all my misfortune. It is in the divorce decree to sell it asap, but realtors cant sell it with her in the home. As she wont cooperate with them, and refuses to work with me. FRUSTRATED! How can I get her out? no rental agreement, no lease, nothing, she does not pay rent etc.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oregon
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not to evict? My divorce lawyers were worthless.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want her to move. So I can sell. I do have a letter from a realtor stating they can't sell it with her in. As she refuses to work with us, that is potential to contempt of court... but at this point I need her to move.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

The only way to force her out at this time is to file contempt action against her and ask the Court to order her removed from the property immediately. You can obtain contempt forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office. You should also seek damages due to her refusal to move out. As soon as you get the Order you can contact the Sheriff/Constable to move her out.

Best wishes,