Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I have been divorced for nearly 20 years. I meet and

Customer Question

Hello, I have been divorced for nearly 20 years. I meet and exceeded all that the court's required of me. However my ex was employed by blue cross and clearly stared in the divorce decree she would provide my health insurance. Just last week sh tested me to Sat she has taken a new position, still in the health care field. she informed me that she or the company would no longer cover my health insurance. I have a copy of the divorce and it clearly states she would be responsible for my children as well as myself. I did pay any additional costs up to 75% included braces and other miscellaneous items. My question is, is she still responsible for my healthcare or should I seek legal action?
Confused David Reilly your response would be greatly apprecuated
I have Ben told by other legal professionals to look under.R.I.law
domestic but that's all Greek to me ThankYou!
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 29 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that. Until the divorce decree is modified then she is obligated to cover you unless it has language that says something to the effect of "As long as she is an employee of Blue Cross Blue Shield" for example.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 24 days ago.

If you have no further questions a positive rating of 5 stars would be greatly appreciated.