KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

When can we legally remove my husband's daughter from his

Customer Question

When can we legally remove my husband's daughter from his health insurance? We have covered her health insurance and paid 1/2 of the out-of pocket expenses since my husband and his ex were divorced in May 2010. This was written into their divorce decree in Lake County, IL. The daughter will be 23 on 9/9/17. We will cover her through 2017. She work at Red Robin and to our knowledge does not attend college.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon. The divorce decree should state for how long, what age, and under what conditions your husband should pay her health insurance or continue coverage. If she is not in school and the requirement for your husband to pay the insurance is contingent upon her being enrolled in college, then under his divorce order his obligation to continue coverage may cease. read through the order to be sure about the triggering events and time for coverage.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.