How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19023
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If the courts that file your divorce paperwork with the

Customer Question

if the courts that file your divorce paperwork with the wrong dates for the marriage began and end are you and your ex husband still married. even if it been years
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Fla
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, he got remarried but I didn't I was afraid to because I am the one discover the mix up and told him but he still got married anyway
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, now the crazy part he died so who is the widow, me or the new wife.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.

The divorce is valid despite the mix-ups in the beginning and ending dates of the marriage.

The new wife is the widow.