LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

I just got the divorce papers and i made a mistake on the

Customer Question

I just got the divorce papers and i made a mistake on the time of our marriage. Its actually only 8 years and 8 months do I still qualify for alimony?Again in the state of California in monterey county
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon Esmeralda,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

Yes, you will still qualify for spousal support, even in a marriage that lasted 5 years, so long as your husband earns more than you do.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Now I am disable by the social security office due to End of Stage Renal Failure, and indeed he does earn more than me. Can i ask to him to start paying alimony now since the our court date is not until 06/14/2017? and for how long due I qualify?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon,

You will need to ask the court to set a Temporary Hearing at which the judge can make temporary orders of support. They will do that if you ask the court clerk to set it. At the Temporary Hearing you will ask the judge to order that you be paid spousal support pending the entry of the divorce decree.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good day,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug