LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

My daughter has committed adultery she kicked husband out

Customer Question

My daughter has committed adultery she kicked husband out living with us (Mom & Dad) we get child for school feed him can she loose custody of child
JA: Who currently has legal custody of the child?
Customer: Mom & Dad living in our home
JA: Because family law varies from state to state, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She isn't stopping affair against our recoomedations, husband cant take responsibility I am looking to see if we can take the child
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If the mother is not interested or unable to care for your grandchild and your son is not in a position to do so either, then you can apply to the court to be appointed legal guardian of your grandson.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is not fully capable she works doesn't have financial stability to do so She chooses to continue in her affair
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

Please understand that the affair has nothing to do with your ability to gain custody, or whether custody should be removed from the mother. It is the ability of the parents to care for your grandchild that is at issue. Speak with a local probate attorney or a family law attorney about petitioning the court to be appointed as the legal guardian of your grandchild.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Doug

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Glad to hear that.

Would you please now rate my service to you so I can be paid for having worked to help you?

Please know that I answer your questions in good faith, providing you with the information that you ask for, and I do that with the expectation that you would act likewise, and rate my service to you. Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good day,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you? Rating me costs you nothing as you have already paid the deposit for my help. All rating does is ensure that I am paid for my time in working with you.

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug