FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

I caught my wife cheating and is now living with them. weve

Customer Question

I caught my wife cheating and is now living with them. weve been separated for only a month. she has a dog groomimg business. can i get money from that business that we both started after divorce?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I know of
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 30 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

So the business was started during the marriage and martial assets were used?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
we both put money into it
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I don't have the 75 dollars right now

Thank you and I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. The answer is Yes. If this business was started during the course of the marriage and martial funds/assets were used to build it, you would have a legal right and interest, to a share of the business. As such, if you divorce, you could ask to be bought out or even maintain your share and a percentage of the profits.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
What price do I need to show we both put money in
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
What proff

If shes knows it to be true, she may not contest it. At that point, if she admits to this, then it will be a matter of the buy out. If she denies this, you can easily show when the business was started and that it was during the marriage and go back into bank records and statements, to show checks or money which was taken and used for the business.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
She says she going to say that she doesn't own the business and that she is just a independent contractor

The records of the business will need to be produced then. The source of the funds will need to be traced and shown and testimony can also be taken not only from you but anyone else involved. She will need to disclose who owns it and they can be deposed and questioned as well.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 27 days ago.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 24 days ago.