Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I live in Illinois, and needed a consultation for a child

Customer Question

I live in Illinois, and needed a consultation for a child support extension and modification
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Yes Chicago Illinois, Cook county
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I called a number from the child support website and they said two weeks for someone to call me back
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My son is turning 19 on 11/30
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I would be happy to call you on the phone so that we can talk if you would like. Unfortunately, they have turned off the ability we have to offer the call to you. You will have to click the button on your screen that reads "Call me" and then I should be able to offer you that call.

Doug

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, Thank you for your prompt resonse. I didnt realize that I would have pay to have a telephone call. I would rather send messages. Thank you for your help
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

That is up to you. I can all but guarantee though that you will get your money's worth out of a call and much more information than I could ever possibly provide to you in written form, given the reality of time constraints. We generally speak 10 times faster than we type and while I usually spend 30 to 60 minutes on a phone call, I assure you I would never spend 5 to 10 hours typing out an answer to you.

You have yet to ask a question though. What do you need to know?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Doug