Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

How many times do you have to say "Stop Harrassing Me" to be

Customer Question

How many times do you have to say "Stop Harrassing Me" to be granted an anti hassassment order?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

One time is enough. Harassment means that a pattern of bad behavior has been established. So, if you told the alleged harasser to stop and he does not, then you can seek an Order from the Court. However, you have to give details of the harassment to persuade the Court to grant the application for an Order.

Best wishes,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ive been told twice by lawyers..Ive got twice plus a leave me alone and please stop.

If someone has harassed (a pattern of offensive acts/repeated offensive acts) you and you have had enough, telling the person to stop once is enough. You do not have to say it two or three times. I stand by my previous response.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), a 5-star rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive proper credit for responding to your post. Kindly use the popup screen to give the rating. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to modify my protection order to add this evidence...can I do that...I didnt know I needed that before I filed the order, but I have it and would like to add it before the trial.

I am sorry, but I do not know what evidence that you are talking about. Kindly clarify.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have two electronuc conversations, one a text and one an email, and they both end with me stating "Stop Harrassing Me". I want to make sure this gets entered into the order.

Thank you for the information.

I am still not clear. Has the Court actually entered a Protection Order or are you going to trial to get the Order?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I currently have a temporary order and the case will be heard on the 8th of November..

Thank you for the information.

Regrettably, you cannot add to the Order. You have to wait for the hearing on the 8th to tell the Court about your additional information.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As long as I get to have someone see it, Im good with that

Okay then. Just make sure to bring the information with you to the hearing.

Kindly take a minute and use the popup screen to give a 5-star rating to my response so that I can receive proper credit for addressing your concerns. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.