Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

In a divorce case can a spouse ask for divorce under law

Customer Question

In a divorce case can a spouse ask for divorce under law even if trial is on and no judgement delivered about division of community property?Such spouse agrees that he will give whatever judgment is delivered finally.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your question.

Kindly explain a little more.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
A divorce case is filed by US citizen petitioner ,it is a contested divorce as community property and its division was not agreed.Is it possible that petitioner ask for divorce first,get married while division of community property is decided later by the court.Can the law allow him to get divorce before judgement comes in 1-2 years about division of community property?

Thank you for the information.

Yes, if there is a bifurcated divorce. That is, if there is a Judgment of Divorce, but the division of assets is decided later, the parties are free to get married again.