RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Is legal concubinage in Pittsburgh, PA? Thanks.

Customer Question

Is legal concubinage in Pittsburgh , PA?
Thanks.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We lived there from 2000 to 2002
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

There's no law that makes the having of one or more mistresses a criminal act in Pennsylvania. Actions for "alienation of affection" where a spouse could sue a mistress for lost affection from her spouse have also been abolished in Pennsylvania. However, a spouse could sue a mistress for "intentional infliction of emotional distress" (IIED) for the loss of affection/loss of consortium between her and the spouse. Such a claim is a civil matter, and not criminal, however.

If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We were living together without being married from 2000 to 2002.
He was single, I was not his mistress. Our first son, was born in 2000. Then we moved to Ohio and we married.
I know the Ohio law but I don't have an idea of PA.
Can you please verify with me about my rights, when I was not married to him and we were living together in Pittsburgh, PA?
Thanks.

When you say your rights, your rights as far as what, specifically? Property/assets?

I am still happy to assist you, but you never answered my follow-up question as to what you meant by what your "rights" were?