Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

What are the visitation rights of grandparents in Florida?

Customer Question

JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not from this end.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The child was adopted and we paid for most of the adoption all the way down to circumsicm. My daughter has now taken up with a known criminal . crack addict, prostitute. We just want visitation rights to our grandson who I took care of the first 6 months of his life and bonded with him.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He is 2 years and 8 months . He is a normal baby a very good baby but she says right in front of him there is something wrong with him. I feel she is going to damage this child.
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 2 months ago.

This is attorney Bill. The law on visitation rights in Florida allows greater scope for grandparents to apply for visitation where one parent is deceased, or missing and the other parent has been convicted of a felony or violent offence.

The statute is Florida Statute 752.011

SO this is the law in relation to grandparent's right to petition in Florida.

After a full hearing after you petition the Family Court the court will award visitation rights if it deems to be in the best interests of the child. Where one parent is a capable parent, because of the referenced statute your visitation application would likely be dismissed.

If there is an immediate threat to the childrens' welfare a court can make an emergency visitation order.

PLEASE follow up with me if you need more information

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE GOOD TO GREAT BEFORE EXITING

THIS GIVES ME A CREDIT FOR THE LEGAL INFORMATION PROVIDED.

I WORK FOR CREDITS

Attorney Bill