How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 101731
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is their any way to have an ex parte lifted. Maryland,

Customer Question

Is their any way to have an ex parte lifted.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Maryland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing against me. She tried to have me arrested 3 nights ago. The cops came and seen i asume because i told them that she had mental issues. So the police told me to take our daughter and have my grandmother come get me.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Shes not safe for my daughter. She says she hears voices. Shes lost custody of her first born due to similar situation.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Ex-parte orders are heard and granted at the time of the filing (normally). The Court will then rehear the matter within a few days or weeks after the Defendant/Respondent is served. The Court will then decide whether to continue, drop, o modify the ex-parte orders and will issue temporary orders from this.

So yes, one can lift the ex-parte, but not until that hearing.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!