Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My 20 years domestic partner and now my husband for two

Customer Question

My 20 years domestic partner and now my husband for two years, has been having an intense affair for more than 5 years with a married woman 30 years younger than him. After the disclosure of the affair, he was dumped by the mistress who did not know he was in a committed relationship. (He lied to her about being a single man), but my 65 years old husband who was madly in love with her, wrote all kind of fabricating stories about me claiming I was psychologically disturbed, accusing me of being a promiscuous woman and even enrolled me in an online dating agency to prove that I am looking to date men. I accidentally saw the profile with my husband's name and email addresses and when checked his mail box, it was filled with thousands of invitation for me. I took some snapshot of the images and his mail box, as I knew he may unsubscribe me and cover his traces.
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He fabricate stories to his family and to the mistress. I have read some of his email to his sister and mistress.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

What are your questions for a lawyer?