Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I found out that in MS the child support is 14% -- my ex

Customer Question

I found out that in MS the child support is 14% -- my ex makes a gross of 4900 and I am only getting 250 -- how do I do about modifying my hcild support
JA: Was there a written agreement or court order regarding child support payments?
Customer: yes -- the original amount was 500 because he said he paid the household bills -- which he is no longer doing. He is behind on everything and pays everything late. So I want to modify the agreement
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the court order was filed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he owes me money from the divorce decree which he has failed to pay
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to file a motion to modify child support in the court where you reside together with a Motion for Order to Show Cause for Contempt where you ask the court to hold him in contempt of the divorce decree for not paying and also to modify the monthly support for the change of payment based on his pay.
You have to file in court and bring him back to court and stop waiting and you should have an attorney locally to represent you in this case.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.