Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I would like to know how to get an unredacted cps report if

Customer Question

I would like to know how to get an unredacted cps report if I am pro se. I live in az. If I could get an unredacted report would the person who made complaint be known. I need this report to show judge that my ex is making false complaints. He is using cps to harass me and try to get court to kick me out of my kids life. He has made 2 false abuse accusations that was proven untrue by medical records and he accused me a third time of abusing my child but he never made a complaint to cps, just swore under oath I did this third abuse. Now he has made another untrue accusation that cps investigator did not sustainiated because it was so far fetched and when she came to talk she could see the accusations were untrue. I want the report to show judge he is falsely accusing me. I am so sick of him. His lies were taken as truths in court, he got solé custody based on these false accusations. He has a lawyer I did not. What can I do.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 5 months ago.
You would need a judge to order a full release of the documents. You would file a motion in court to accomplish this.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
file a motion instead of getting subpeona. What should I state as title of motion and what info needs to be in body of motion

I assume you did a Freedom of Information Act request. You would file a motion to compel disclosure specifically stating what ingo you need and your basis.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have done nothing yet I plan to. What is this freedom information thing u stated do I need to do that too and if so how
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have not filed anything yet. I plan to file change of custody so I will want copy of this most recent complaint to cps because I know due to subject of complaint that my ex and or his girlfriend made the accusations. I need more than the redacted report

So first file a freedom of information act request with that agency specifically requesting the report and any data pertaining to the report. This is your first step to see what they provide. The Freedom of Information Act is a law requiring the government to provide non classified or privileged info to a requester.

Here is a short overview. http://freedomofinformationacts.uslegal.com/state-freedom-of-information-acts/arizona/

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I want an unredacted report. I can just call and get a report but the one they give is redacted. I need it be unredacted
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you know if I did get an unredacted report will it have name of person who made complaint

It should have the name.

The FOIA request should not be redacted and if it is you file the motion to compel.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what is purpose of motion. If judge agrees he will write something to tell cps to give me an unredacted report
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok. So is there a form I fill out and send to cps directly. Where can I find one of these forms

Yes the judge can order them to remove the redactions. You can search online for templates

Just search FOIA templates.

If you have no further questions a positive rating would be greatly appreciated