Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

Can Illinois DCFS extradite a non-resident child? My

Customer Question

Can Illinois DCFS extradite a non-resident child? My fiance's daughter lives with her father in Missouri...a false DCFS call was made by her mentally ill half brother. Illinois DCFS has already interviewed the child and her father and came to my home here in Illinois. They are now threatening to extradite her from Missouri for a CAC interview. Is this legal?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes, from a Missouri resident
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Illinois DCF can contact MO DCF and arrange for them to step in and interview the child and could take the child. They cannot actually "extradite" the child, they do not have jurisdiction in MO, they would need to have MO DCF step in and assist them and MO DCF has the power to do so and can take the child.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.