Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18 years of litigation experience.
18321761

YEXAS CPS CAN THEY MAKE YOU TAKE A HAIR DRUG TEST WHEN U

Customer Question

YEXAS CPS CAN THEY MAKE YOU TAKE A HAIR DRUG TEST WHEN U OFFEREF URINE BUT YOUR VASE WAS NOT A DRUG RELATED CASE
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

Yes, unfortunately, CPS can require that you take a hair drug test if they feel it appropriate. You have the right to refuse, but they can then go into Family Court and try to get the judge to order such a test. If they don't have probable cause, the judge won't issue the order, but CPS is not beyond manufacturing evidence when they feel a parent they are looking into has something to hide and, worst yet, judges tend to believe what CPS tells them.

So the long and short of this is that if CPS really wants someone to take a hair test, they can almost always make that happen. And all you could do at that point would be to hire a Family lawyer and fight the matter in court.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.