Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was wondering about the process of hiring a mediator to

Customer Question

Hello I was wondering about the process of hiring a mediator to help with the division of my ex-husband and our mutual assets since we are not coming to any agreement and we have been divorced since March 2nd,2016 and I need to be able to get what is half mine and yet due to personal conflicts and not being able to do this ourselves I was hoping you could let me know a little about the process and also in our agreement we agreed to split the cost and I was wondering in general how much does this service usually cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: would that be sent to the email address I provided?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Connecticut
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Well we were able to get a quick divorce but no nothing has been filed yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that there are many problems complicated by the lack of communication between both myself and ex-husband and I feel he has not complied with the agreement we both came to back in March and since he is the one who makes all the money he was able to hire 2 lawyers while I had absolutely no one to be there or thru the entire process. Thanks
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify - was your divorce bifurcated? Or not? Or, not sure?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm not sure
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. Okay, let me ask another way - does a decree exist which states how the assets are to be divided. Or, not?