Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My exhusband has threatened to kill and have my husband

Customer Question

my exhusband has threatened to kill and have my husband kiled because our son calls my husband dad from time to time. we live in alabama and i have recorded the threat of him saying he will actually kill him. before i recorded he went into detail on how it would be handled. he also threatened to hit and punish our son if he called my husband dad again and i better watch my back. i filed a report but they couldnt do anything about it because its a third party threat it wasnt actual abuse towards our son and not a direct threat towards me. he is also over $6,000 behind in child support and puts no effortt in helping or seeing him. I am wanting to get full custody of our son. is this possible? what would be the next step for this. is there anything i can actually do wtih this? thank you
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking if you can use this recording to request a modification to the current child custody order?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no im asking what is the next step. im wanting full custody but with everything that happened is there even a chance. whay would i expect in court. hes 6 grand behind in cs.

The next step for what? To modify the current order (so you get more time with the child)?