Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

I have a question about minor name change please, I'm in PA,

Customer Question

hello I have a question about minor name change please
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: I'm in PA, and changing my son's last name, but he was born in NJ. will PA contact NJ after name is changed?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no not yet i do not need a lawyer I just want to know if PA will contact NJ after name change is granted
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no please
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

There should be no reason for PA to contact NJ after a name change. Rather, you would be given an court order proving up your name change and you could use a certified copy of that order in PA if the issue ever arose.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.