RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

In a 2012 child custody case the court order stated that my

Customer Question

In a 2012 child custody case the court order stated that my husband and I provide regular updates he lives in Colorado I live in California. We are currently going back to court (in Colorado). When filing the petition I forgot to enter our e-mails as evidence, however my case is built around the e-mails.
Question:
Are the e-mails considered automatic evidence since the court ordered it as a means of communication in 2012?
How can I prevent it form being OBJECTED in court?
Can I file it as new evidence now or the day of the case?
Thank you very much.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You would want to number these M1, M2, etc if you are movant and then also number them 1-100 on the bottom of the pages, think chapter and verse, M1, page 3 so everybody can ask questions about them.

You would lay a predicate, your honor I am offering M1 thru M18 as emails between the parties based on the prior court orders, these were made by me and the other party at or near the dates listed on them, they were made as part of the prior orders of this court, they relate to....

And offer them to be admitted..

Colorado rules of evidence.

http://www.boulder-bar.org/bar_media_manual/evidence/13.11.html

These are not hearsay since they were between parties, anything other party stated is an admission against interest.Again the court should admit them under the rules.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the help Sir.

You are so welcome.If you can positive rate it i s much appreciated.