Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have a friend who was under CPS investigation in South

Customer Question

I have a friend who was under CPS investigation in South Carolina. CPS wanted to take the children but am overseer was appointed instead. The woman ran to North Carolina with five kids. What will happen if they find her?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: We have a lawyer, but we are trying to get custody from the mother who ran
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law, appeals, landlord-tenant, and other types of law. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also – I will be typing my answer for you so I’ll be back in a few minutes.

I wanted to ask you a question but I don't see that you've been here.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

A different Professional here.

Your Question:

Response: They would take the kids from her. Also, if there is a Court Order that she did not comply with, contempt action may be filed against her. She would be ordered to appear in Court and tell the Court why she should not be held in contempt of Court and fined.