N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

In family law how do I get my motion heard if all they allow

Customer Question

In family law how do I get my motion heard if all they allow me to turn in is the FL300 form? I'm in Ca.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question.

Parties without an attorney usually have to check with the Court Clerk to get a hearing date for a motion. Once the Clerk give you a date, you have to serve and file the motion with a proof of service showing it was served on the opposing party or opposing attorney. Motions are usually calendared a little over a month in advance to allow time for service by mail, see CCP § 1005 for the notice requirements.

Please let me know if this does not answer your question prior to rating my answer.

I hope this information is helpful.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I guess my question relates more to motions vs 300fl for for expressing my grievances. I have been told that family court you can only file a fl300 change of order form that motions are harder to get. And that there is another procedure, such as request for motion w/affidavit for example. Any of this make sense? I know the process of filling a motion but I’m dealing with corrupt public offices how find it morally right to hide in the shadows.

What kind of motion do you want to file?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I