Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

When is my alimony due? Does my husband have to pay it on

Customer Question

When is my alimony due? Does my husband have to pay it on the Friday at the end of the week covered or at some other time? Is it not to be payed weekly. My ex-husband insists on paying bi-weekly and plays around with the dates, has skipped payments. I am under mental disability and 64 years old, my mother who is my trustee is 87. I have told him I want him to pay weekly without interruption. Am I not within my rights? This is the law as I understand it, but I can't find the law on the internet.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Family Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Massachusetts
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I cannot afford a legal fee beyond something minimal.. This is a simple question. I will keep looking on the internet.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 month ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 month ago.

Did you still need assistance on the above?