Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Any idea what might be the reason my spouse has his attorney

Customer Question

Any idea what might be the reason my spouse has his attorney popping up as an "alias" at the time he filed for divorce?
JA: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?
Customer: He owns the corporation, hospital HR & ***** ***** make vague "Holding account" references with lots of "IF" he has these accounts we can't discuss with you even if you're the beneficiary.
JA: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?
Customer: He had at least three simultaneous contracts. Exhibits containing specific financials *not* in my copy.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I inquired with the IRS & they provided statements back to 2002? After stating 6 years only, & requesting why asked. My reply was *I think* there's money missing. ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sure.
If my spouse has invested money via charitable trust or similar vehicle held by an attorney on his behalf,
how do I get HR & affiliated partners to cooperate & disclose assets?
or
Do I have to wait until they are due/term is up & they are released into his name?

Thank you for the information. Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Response 1: You can issue a subpoena for the records. You can do this if you have a pending case with the Court. You would go to the Clerk's office and request for the subpoena to be issued to the custodian of the records to release the records to you. If you do not have any case pending, then you need to start one in order to obtain the records. Otherwise, the custodian of records would have no legal obligation to release the records to you.

or

Response 2: You can also do that. However, if you have a reason that he is hiding assets and you think that the sure way to confirm this is by reviewing the records, then you should not wait. You should subpoena for the records to know exactly what your husband has been up to.