JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

What do you do to prove prior to filing for a divorce that

Customer Question

What do you do to prove prior to filing for a divorce that there is cash being stashed for no traceability? I found my husband's stash and he claims he has no money. Take pictures? Will that hold up in court?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Wisconsin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet. He has been threaten, "when i get enough money to file" but this stash is more then enough
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what i can do to make sure that it is part of the financial disclosure because it is cash and it is a lot of money
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 3 months ago.

You can take pictures and count it, if you can, but the way you usually prove it is by a forensic accountant who looks over the finances and tells how much is missing.

You may also want to go ahead and pick out your lawyer and talk to them and they may tell you to take the money and deposit it into an account.