Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

How much does this cost?

Customer Question

How much does this cost?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am in the middle of a divorce which should be relatively easy to settle since we only have our pensions to fight over. My husband stopped paying any bills which led to me trying to keep up but I could not keep up with the two mortgages. This led to me filing for bankruptcy and the house is now in foreclosure. I retired from my job as the stress was making me sick. I moved to take care of my parents and am now trying to find a part time job. My problem is that my lawyer has not been contacting me in any manner even after I have left several emails, telephone calls, and letters to ask questions about what is happening. My question is I can not afford another attorney to restart this divorce. What do I do?
Expert:  Steven K. replied 1 month ago.

In what state is this and what have you done so far? Have you filed for divorce? Have you delivered the documents to your husband?