Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

After a year the judge and magistrate finally gave me

Customer Question

after a year the judge and magistrate finally gave me custody back of my son. Now after a month the judge gave my son's grandmother because something about a box not being checked off. I did not show up for court yesterday because I didn't know about it until my lawyer called. Can you please help me on what to do next.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes but his not saying anything but turn over my son to his grandmother
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know how do I write a grievance letter. My lawyer was saying something about a box not being checked off. By the way I'm living in Akron now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
We need more information before we can tell you anything? Without knowing exactly why the judge did this and what box your attorney is talking about you need to get us more information as we cannot just guess. Can you please get us more information and tell us what exactly they gave the grandmother?