P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

My husband's ex-wife has full time custody of their 15 year

Customer Question

My husband's ex-wife has full time custody of their 15 year old who has ADHD and High Functioning Autism. He is on numerous medications for his condition and receives special services in High School. My husband continues to provide child support; but was wondering if his ex wife is receiving any SS1 benefits for their son. When asked, his ex wife doesn't give him an answer. Being that he is the father and plays an active role in their son's life, shouldn't he have the right to know what's going on?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

The father, if he is paying court ordered child support, does have a right to know. And, more important, if mom is receiving SS benefits, that can impact how much money the dad has to pay.

If dad believes mom is receiving this money he can hire an attorney and file a motion to modify child support...the court will order mom to produce her financial records to determine if she is receiving SS (again, since that will impact how much dad must pay in support)

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding
Phil