FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

My divorce stipulation states child support gets reduced

Customer Question

my divorce stipulation states child support gets reduced from 267 to 228 when the first child is emancipated .my x's lawyer tells me it was written wrong that it is a lesser amount .that the pro rated share was not figured in. i do not believe that.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

In a situation like this, the divorce decree/stipulation, will control. As such, if the first child is emancipated, then the amount paid will be reduced to 228, since emancipation was a condition to the amount lowering. Your ex can file a motion with the court, if they think it is wrong, to modify or clarify any issue. At the time this was ordered, if there was a problem, it should have been addressed and corrected and prior to submitting the final decree for the Judge to sign, your ex's attorney should have reviewed it to make sure it was accurate.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.