MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

My sons biological father has agreed to sign over his rights

Customer Question

hello, my sons biological father has agreed to sign over his rights so that my husband can adopt my son and i am trying to see how i can accomplish this without needing to pay a lawyer
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: oregon
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet, he just told me his decision today. we have a child support order in place
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

This process can be tedious and complicated so it is advisable that you use an attorney. However, Oregon family courts do offer a self-help option/department that you can use to represent yourself pro se (without an attorney) in these matters. The link for the Oregon Self-Help website is here: http://courts.oregon.gov/OJD/selfhelp/pages/index.aspx

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.