FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

My son was released into the custody of his legal dad in

Customer Question

My son was released into the custody of his legal dad in things state of Oklahoma. Me or his biological dad have not seen or heard from him in 8 months. Things guy won't answer the phone or respond to text. He has asked for 25000 dollars for us to see our son. What can we do and he has moved to Texas. What can we do
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Filed how? I have spoken with the attorney general's office
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What can i do to get a legalized dna test and to see my son
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 7 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I am sorry to hear about what you are going though. Can you share with me a little more about the situation and why he was released to this man? Is there any court order in place.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there us a court order for him to have temporary custody of my son because i had a own dhs case about a year ago and since the case has been closed. Through the process dhs gave him custody. I have not seen or heard from him since march of this year. He is not his biological father but he is the legal father. The legal father asked us for25000 dollars to see my son and to do DNA test. The legal father port himself on child support and never paid also he refused a DNA test. I just want to know how to get visitation or possibly custody of my child back. Especially since my other child is home

Thank you. As the mother, you do have rights to the child. If DHS closed the case and there is nothing in place at this time preventing you from seeing the child, you can file a motion with the court, asking for visitation or even share custody, if you wanted to. The Judge is always going to act in the best interest of the child, so they will want to make sure any concerns of DHS has been put the rest and there is nothing that calls into question your ability to care for the child, when they are with you. You do not have to give the legal father a penny and can file a motion with the court and visitation can be ordered and he will be forced to comply.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do i file the motion with the court?

You need to speak with the clerk of court and ask if they have the forms for you to fill out and file, to start the process to request visitation or custody.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do i file with the court that gave him custody or in the court of where he moved my son to and has ordered child support. Do you have a number to where i begin

You would need to file where he and the child reside at this time. In the State and county where they are located.