How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1499
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My granddaughters father received a reduced CS modification

Customer Question

My granddaughters father received a reduced CS modification two years ago when he lost his job, he has been working for a year and a half, my daughter is going back to court to reinstate the original or close to it CS modification, he is asking for a discovery of all the help I have provided. He wants to know if we have a joint account, how many deposits she made from me, how much I spend on her and my granddaughter. This seems odd, so if I buy gifts or provide a little help here and there, this can impact the modification order?
Submitted: 2 day ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 day ago.

No, the child support is based on his income not gifts she received. Even if he argues that then the position she should argue is that she had to seek family help when the child support was modified downward.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 day ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. Otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.

Related Family Law Questions