Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

This question if for Ely "Can my ex bring up things from our

Customer Question

This question if for Ely
"Can my ex bring up things from our marriage during my Visitation hearing"?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Wendy replied 9 days ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.
If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 days ago.

Would you be ok if I answer instead of Ely?

Expert:  Ely replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for requesting me. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
What kind of things? Like arguments, alleged alcohol use, criminal activity, etc? If so, then yes. The other party can try to use anything and everything to argue that what you are asking is not in the best interest of the child.
It does not mean that the Court will take it into consideration. Or, the Judge can even interrupt them and tell them that unless they have a point with the testimony they are giving, they need to focus on something relevant. Also, someone in your situation can object to evidence (testimony, etc) which is not relevant.
So the short answer is yes, they can. Rule of thumb is to be ready for anything.
Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.
Expert:  Ely replied 4 days ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!