Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My son was in a relation ship with a woman who was already

Customer Question

My son was in a relation ship with a woman who was already pregnant when they met. He has filled the role of father for nearly 16 years (the biological father has never been in the child's life) even though he and the mother are no longer a couple. The child does not know the truth and believes that we are her biological family. No father is listed on the birth certificate. Would we be able to get guardianship for educational purposes
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 9 days ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

Is your son planning to remain part of the child's life? Does he support giving you guardianship for school purposes? What does the mother have to say about this?