FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases

I was married to my ex for 11 years we divorced (no spousal

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I was married to my ex for 11 years we divorced (no spousal support). We were apart for 6 years and have been back together for 7 years. Refuses to get married again says he has too much to loose. We have 2 teenagers.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Wi
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No things are bad says if he finds out I went to an attorney he's kicking me out
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He has vacation homes in Hawaii, Vegas, ca, nv, il, fl, upper wi, all over 2 million each He said if anything happened I could live in house in Az, but will not put it in writing.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 7 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Can you please share with me what your question is?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Just wondering if we go to court and it was a verbal agreement will it hold up
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for the reply. It will be very hard to prevail. I say this because you will want and need evidence, to show and support an agreement between you and him. He could easily testify that you were never promised anything and you can say that you were and the Judge will likely not rule in your favor, unless you have more then the allegation/claim alone. As such, you 100% want to protect yourself and get something in writing, if you can, or else he likely will not give you anything and it will be hard to sue him and prevail.