Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband filed for divorce in Minnesota and I am in. I

Customer Question

My husband filed for divorce in Minnesota and I am in Virginia. I have been lied to and used for fifteen years. I haven't picked up the papers yet and I just found out that I have to use a lawyer in Minnesota. I need help!
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me what I can answer for you, exactly? For example:

1) How does a divorce work?

2) How do I find an attorney in MN?
3) Etc.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I spoke with an attorney in Virginia and was told that I will need an attorney in Minnesota. I guess I need an attorney in Minnesota if that is the case.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you refer me?
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.
Okay.
1) JustAnswer experts cannot represent customers as clients;
2) Nor can we refer you to specific attorneys because of ethical considerations.
I can provide a referral service which is very good. I can also possibly provide some links to low cost / pro bono counsel in the state.
Would this be acceptable?