Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My daughter is leaving to go on a cruise for five days.. I

Customer Question

My daughter is leaving to go on a cruise for five days.. I am the grandmother and will have my 5 yr old grandson during that time. What do I need to have if he needs medical attention during that time
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The daughter may wish to leave you a POWER OF ATTORNEY for medical care for the minor. This way, someone in your situation should not have issues with asking for and making decisions for medical care on his behalf. You can find this Power of Attorney for Minor HERE (warning, instant download), for free.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.