FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
9540344

My family has lived in MT since May 1 2016, my husband and I

My family has lived in MT since May 1 2016, my husband and I need to separate. My parents live in CO and I would like to take myself and my kids to CO for a little while to sort things out and figure out what the next steps need to be. I want to make sure this is okay and that I wouldn't be breaking any laws by doing so.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks!

I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. Ideally, your husband would agree. If he does, it is always best to get something reduced to writing, simply advising that you will be gone with the children, he is aware and has no objection to it. If he refuses, there is nothing essentially stopping you from going, since you both have a shared legal right and interest to the children. If you tell him where you will be and where the children can be found, it may prevent him from alleging a torturous interference with custody claim, if he took it that far.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Excellent, thank you!

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated Thank you.