Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.

Our daughter lives in North Dakota she was just beat up by

Customer Question

Our daughter lives in North Dakota she was just beat up by her boyfriend. Could she face those charges here in Nevada . They were pulled over for Marjuanna
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes filed a rap and abuse charge yesterday against him. All her family is here
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She is waiting for court appearance in North Dakota for this. Can she appear here for it
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: North Dakota and we live in Henderson Nevada would like to bring her home
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 12 days ago.

Unfortunately, no. The crime has to prosecuted in the jurisdiction where the crime being charged was committed.

Expert:  Loren replied 12 days ago.

I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive. Also, please remember that this is not a moral judgement on my part. As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.

Expert:  Loren replied 12 days ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 12 days ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This was only suppose to be $5.00 I did not sign up