Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I live in Arizona. My husband walked out on me last week. We

Customer Question

I live in Arizona. My husband walked out on me last week. We have property taxes due and owe the IRS. He opened a new account and his paycheck went into it. He left me with NO money!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I did not see a specific question.

What is your question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He has a new phone in my name. Can't afford the bill or penalty. Anyway I can get him to help with some expenses?

Thank you for the information. However, I still do not understand what your question is.

Kindly clarify.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok... he's gone! Does he have any financial responsibility to me?

Thank you for the information. Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Yes, he does. He needs to provide spousal support to ensure that the household expenses are being taken care of. You can go to Court and file Motion for Spousal Support if he refuses to send you money to take care of household expenses. If the marriage is retrievable broken, then you may consider filing for divorce.

You can obtain the forms for filing the Motion for Spousal Support and Divorce at the Superior Court in your County at the Clerk's office. You can also obtain the forms online.

You may also consider retaining the services of a local Attorney who handles divorce cases to assist you with the case. If you cannot afford the Attorney, but your husband can, the Attorney may take your case and then file Petition for your husband to pay for his/her fees. You can use the following sites to find local divorce Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Goodluck with your case,