Law Tutor, Esq.
Law Tutor, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  N/A

When you get a divorce andd that same night you sleep with

Customer Question

when you get a divorce andd that same night you sleep with your x does that void the divorce?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: north dakota
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no this is for my daughter i heard that if you had sex with your
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: xif you had sex with your x would that make it un binding or just sleeping with him?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Tutor, Esq. replied 10 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer (“JA”)! I am an attorney with over 20 years’ experience in multiple jurisdictions and I look forward to assisting you today.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, please consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) No specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship is formed herein. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Please give me a moment to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

While in some jurisdictions it is, in fact, a requirement that the parties have ceased sexual relations before filing a complaint for divorce and do not resume sexual relations after filing the complaint, there is no such law that voids a divorce decree simply on the basis of resuming sexual relations after a divorce has been finalized. So the marriage is still dissolved and the final divorce decree is still valid. I hope this helps. Do you have any other related questions?

Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

If you have no further questions, please do not forget to leave positive feedback (click on the 5 stars at the top of your page), as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me.

A bonus is not required but is always appreciated.