Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.
17897874

Can i rent my 13 year old a house in Connecticut and get her

Customer Question

can i rent my 13 year old a house in Connecticut and get her a live in nanny to stay with her when I'm not there
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you , so can i rent my 14 year old a house in Connecticut and get her a live in nanny when I'm not there
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

You have an obligation to provide support, shelter and supervision to your child. So, long as you realize that you remain responsible for those obligations even if you hire supervision, there is nothing illegal about your proposal. It happens all the time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
even if we live 2 hours away from her
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Yes, even if you live 2 hrs away or two days. So long as you have provided her competent supervision, it is legal. What is the difference between that and sending a child to boarding school?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Are you still online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!